Sponsor Parents Grandparents

In order to support the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) objective of family reunification the Parents and Grandparents Program has been designed (PGP). It allows the permanent residents of Canada to sponsor their parents or grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada a lot with their respective dependents.

Sponsors who are eligible for it need to submit their sponsor form in the given time window that has been announced by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Once it’s closed, the IRCC starts the process of reviewing the submitted applications and afterward makes a random selection of potential sponsors to issue invitations to apply. If you tend to receive one, you can sponsor your parents and grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada. Last but not the least, you also need to establish that you will be supporting them and their dependents financially and ensuring that they don’t require any kind of social assistance from the government’s side.

Sponsor Spouses or Common Law

In order to sponsor either your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner under sponsorship class, you need to support them and ensure that they don’t need any assistance from the government. This process requires the following two applications:

  • Application to become a sponsor.
  • Application for permanent residency.

You need to send both of the above applications together and at the same time. Then, you and your spouse can apply either as an Outland or Inland sponsorship applicant. It will be based on your country of residence at the time of file submission.

The prime condition that is required to get qualified under the inland sponsorship category is that both spouses must be living together in Canada both at the time of submission of application and during the sponsorship application process. The foreign spouse also needs to have temporary status in Canada as either a worker, student, or visitor.

Frequently Asked Questions

No. In order to create an Express Entry profile, you need to be eligible under the Federal Economic Immigration programs. Apart from that, you would also need to have valid language results.

When you are submitting your application for permanent residence, then at that point of time your language test results must be valid. Therefore, if your IELTS score expires after ITA and before the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR), you will have to appear for a new exam.

The processing time of the application under the self-employed program varies on the basis of each province, your country of residence at the time of application, the volume of applications received, and whether the application is complete or not. On average, it takes around 20-24 months.

There are certain work permits that come with a fixed duration. For other work permits, you can apply for an extension. You just need to ensure that you apply for the extension of your work permit at least 30 days before the current status of your work permit expires.

No. You cannot defer your invitation and submit it later on. The IRCC must receive your application before the deadline that has been mentioned in your invitation to apply.

Are you ready?

Jaima Canada Immigration Consultancy aims to take the immigration industry to newer heights with its professional immigration and visa consulting services. We serve as the perfect spot when it comes to finding the right guidance and assistance for those who want to come to Canada.

Honestly, integrity and excellent work ethics are the key aspects of our consultancy firm. We are known for providing the best in class customised and reliable immigration services. We always ensure to maintain excellent quality when it comes to our services. Taking our guidance will surely make numerous things that are related to immigration a lot easier for you. So what are you waiting for? Contact us and revive your Canadian dream with us.